Jaime Wasser-Hack, alongside her brother Josh and father Alan, run the 3rd generation family business, Wasser's Exclusive Furniture & Interiors in Hallandale Beach, Florida.
By maximizing their 20,000 sf showroom, they have become industry recognized for personalized service and providing the latest luxury selections in American & Italian furnishings.
Wasser's personal and design clients from North and South America are met with customizable furniture and services, including custom design, CAD for spatial planning and furniture layout, and turn-key services, which creates the most exquisite shopping experience.
After nine years as Vice President, Jaime continues to move the needle of the furniture buying experience provided by the team. She believes that the most rewarding aspect is positive feedback and testimonials from their clients who say how much they love their “Wasserized home," a phrase coined by one of their clients!
What is the #1 strategy you use for getting customers to return/visit your store?
WOWing the customer!!
We go above and beyond to make sure every customer who enters our showroom feels like they are our #1 priority by providing a 5 star experience. Our team is trained and it is deeply instilled into their practice to go above and beyond for our clients.
Also, we are constantly updating, receiving new inventory, and moving things around the showroom to create a new and enhanced experience in the showroom and beyond. Our frequent visitors feel compelled on their own to come back and often refer to coming to our showroom as seeing so much eye candy, that they are excited to visit and see what’s new! We like to keep things fresh and new by staying on top of the latest trends in accessories and colors with accents to enhance each room setting, but at the same time keep it understandable to each customer by using key pieces in sophisticated and elegant neutrals.
How does attending Market help you with that strategy?
Attending market allows us to see beautiful showroom merchandising displays, get ideas, inspiration and knowledge on the latest trends. We love visiting a few of our favorite showrooms each market just to see their wow factor of merchandising and what new colors and trends are out there. We love to see new ways to mix materials, colors and finishes to keep the fashion feeling alive, and we take away our own interpretation of what we know will work for our clientele that we know and understand so well. We are careful not to veer to the edge of too trendy because we all know trends, they don’t last forever and we always maintain more of an elegant, upscale vibe, while appetizing the showroom with trendy accents to keep things fun and exciting.
What are your current top five “must have” items for the store?
1. Custom High End Motion Furniture- Everyone loves movement and motion these days!! We have a wide variety of customizable motion sofas and sectionals in fabric or leather, many different configuration options and even offer custom contrast stitching, all made to order and delivered to the clients spec and needs! One of our favorites is the Style in Motion by American Leather.
2. The Comfort sleepers by American Leather- we live in Florida, people have guests often, who doesn’t want to have a place to visit that’s warm weather (mostly) year round and close to the beach?! These are by far the BEST and most comfortable sleeper sofas out there on the market. They are customizable in fabric or leather, many different style and configuration options with 3 mattresses for the clients to choose from depending how much they want to spoil their guests and to accommodate sizing and style preferences.
3. Cattelan Italia Dining tables- Often extremely customizable with glass tops, wood tops, ceramic tops and even come with extendable options, these are the most stylish, practical and beautifully designed tables currently out there! We love the durability and peace of mind that comes with the ceramic tops!
4. Nesting tables- we offer these from an array of manufactures and we love doing our own combinations of different size nesting tables to create the perfect area of interest.
5. Entertainment Units. From low media cabinets to fully custom wall systems, our showroom would not be complete without them. We often help our clients design the perfect family room and none are done without a media unit. We offer options that we stock domestically in different sizes, colors and materials that are available in our quick ship program and we specialize in customizable wall systems from Italy that we can design and have made to measure based on the client’s specific area and style preferences.
I know you only asked for five, but I have to include one more.
6. Accent chairs- We love nothing more than sprucing up a simply designed space with a fun accent chair. Some of our favorite manufactures on our showroom selections are Nathan Anthony, Weiman, American Leather and Gamma as they all provide such gorgeous details and act as the perfect statement piece to complete a room setting.
Return to DesignOnHPMkt blog>>